The second annual Iowa Craft Brew Festival, presented by the Iowa Brewers Guild, will be held on Saturday, June 16 from 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. on the Locust Street bridge between 2nd Avenue and E. 1st Street in Des Moines.
“Iowa breweries are making quality, delicious craft beers,” said Jill Haverkamp, who is assisting with the marketing of the event. “The Iowa Craft Brew Festival is an excellent opportunity to see what all the Iowa breweries have to offer and learn more about the art of brewing beer. Buying and drinking local is an opportunity to support and put money back in the local economy.”
The inaugural Iowa Craft Brew Festival was a hit (the tickets sold out) and this year the Festival has been moved to the Locust Street bridge, which will give more beer-lovers the chance to attend the event and will provide more space for the Festival.
Your ticket fee gets you entrance into the Festival, unlimited beer samples, live music and food samples. Haverkamp also mentioned that attendee’s should bring a bit of extra cash to purchase food at the event and to purchase some merchandise (such as t-shirts, glasses, ect) from some of the breweries. Here are the ticket options and prices:
Ticket Options: (Purchase tickets here.)
- General Admission Tickets – $20
- VIP Admission tickets –
$25. (Being a VIP means that you’ll have exclusive early access into the Festival from 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.)SOLD OUT.
- Day Of Admission Tickets – $30
- Designated Driver Ticket – $5
A few others things to keep in mind:
- The entrance of the Festival will be on the west side of the Locust Street bridge next to the YMCA.
- The event will take place rain or shine!
- Since the point of the Festival is to taste and enjoy multiple local beer samples, make sure you are responsible and bring a designated driver. (Obvious, I know, but I had to play mother hen there for a moment.)
- Bring a pen and paper to write down what beers you enjoyed so you can purchase them again in the future. Or if you’re tech savy – just start a note in your phone!
- View photos of the 2011 Iowa Craft Brew Festival by clicking here.