My favorite time of the year is almost here! The 6th annual Des Moines Restaurant Week is just around the corner. Seriously, how can you not love dining at some of Des Moines finest restaurants while enjoying the wallet-friendly prices?
From August 16 – 25, 2013 enjoy two lunches or one three-course dinner at participating restaurants (listed below) for only $25! Each restaurant features their own unique Des Moines Restaurant Week fixed-price menu. This year dishes range from BLT deviled eggs to braised pork belly to Berry Patch Farms strawberry sorbet. The hardest part about the week? Planning out your dining schedule!
Check out the full menu here, which is jam-packed with delicious options.
Des Moines Restaurant Week 2013 – Participating Restaurants:
- 801 Chophouse
- Baru 66
- Bistro Montage
- Café di Scala
- Chef’s Kitchen
- City Center Lounge (inside the Marriott Des Moines Downtown)
- Cosi Cucina
- Court Avenue Brewing Co.
- Dos Rios Cantina and Tequila Lounge
- Fleming’s Steakhouse
- The Gramercy Tap
- Trostel’s Greenbriar Restaurant and Bar
- Johnny’s Italian Steakhouse
- Louie’s Wine Dive
- Open Sesame
- Prairie Canary (Grinnell)
- Raccoon River Brewing Co.
- Splash Seafood Bar & Grill
- The Standard
- Two Rivers Grille (inside the West Des Moines Marriott)
- Wasabi Chi
- Wasabi Tao
While I’m a lover of all local restaurants, I’m excited about trying HOQ (I haven’t been there yet…crazy, I know), Louie’s Wine Dive, Baru 66, Proof and Sbrocco this year. I checked out their DMRW menus and they have some mouth-watering options listed! I’m sure that I’ll end up hitting Alba too…I just can’t help myself! I just have a weakness for their chocolate lava cake.
There’s a contest? Of course there is! Dine at any four of the DMRW participating restaurants, save your receipts, and win a trip for two and a two-night stay in Sonoma County! Click here to learn more about the contest.
DMRW is the perfect time to get out in Des Moines and explore the culinary scene, to expand your palette and most importantly, to support local restaurants. Which restaurants are you planning on trying this year?
– – – – – – – – – – –
If you liked this post, you might also like:
- 5 Tips for Des Moines Restaurant Week in the post, “Des Moines Restaurant Week 2011: 10 Days of Delicious Dining Deals in Des Moines”
- “Cozy up with Café di Scala” – A review of one of the 2013 DMRW restaurants.
- “Alba: From Braised Pork Cheeks to Chocolate Lava Cake” – A recap of my 2012 DMRW experience at Alba in the East Village.