Fall is upon us and the sound of clinking beer mugs is in the air…in anticipation of the 10th Annual Oktoberfest in Des Moines! It’s time to celebrate polka music, tented bier gardens, authentic German food and of course, beer.
Oktoberfest will be held in Des Moines this weekend from September 26 – 28 south of Court Avenue on 4th Street. Tickets are $7 in advance at tikly.co or $10 at the door and the ticket price includes two-day admission, beer mug and your first beer.
New Event – OktoberFEAST Dinner
This year Oktoberfest has a new event – the inaugural OktoberFEAST dinner! Tickets to the dinner include four courses of German dishes, four 10 oz beers, strolling accordion music by Bill Koncar of Minneapolis, and a limited edition beer stein. Only 80 tickets are available for purchase to this first-time event. The social hour starts at 6:00 p.m. and the first course is served at 7:00 p.m.
Other highlights and Oktoberfest happenings are below. Prosit! (German for “cheers!”)
Thursday, September 26
- 12:00 PM – A Taste of Oktoberfest – at Capital Square
- 6:00 PM – Oktoberfeast – Hessen Haus Tent
Friday, September 27 from 3:00 PM to 1:00 AM
- 4:00 PM – Tapping of the Golden Keg
- 9:00 PM – Bier Maiden Contest
Saturday, September 28 from 3:00 PM to 1:00 AM
- 4:00 PM – The Brew Mile…Win your weight in brew? What!?
- 5:30 PM – The Brew Mile Awards
- 9:30 PM – Stein Holding Competition
For more information, visit: http://oktoberfestdsm.com/.