My husband often refers to me as an “old lady” and he’s probably right. Who am I kidding? My hobbies include sewing, knitting, reading physical books (who does that anymore?), gardening and antiquing.
Luckily, Des Moines has some of the best antique shops for dishes, frames, wall-art, jewelry, vases, home decor and furniture. There’s even an event this weekend showcasing some of my favorite places to find vintage treasures! (I’m trying to contain my nerdy excitement here. I don’t think it’s working…Ekk!)
Let me introduce you to “Vintage in the City.” Essentially, 10 local antique shops have come together to create an event that celebrates all things vintage in Des Moines! Stop into any of the shops listed below on Saturday, March 22 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. for in-store specials, food and a pickin’ good time.
- Vintage No. 35 – 221 5th Street, West Des Moines
- Hinge – 218 5th Street, West Des Moines
- Rustica Home Relics – 513 Elm Street, West Des Moines
Downtown Des Moines (Western Gateway-ish)
- Funky Finds Vintage & Retro – 515 18th Street, Des Moines
- Reclaimed – 1723 Grand Avenue, Des Moines
- Renovation Home – 106 11th Street, Des Moines
- West End Architectural Salvage – 22 9th Street, Des Moines
- Hank’s Fuzzy Guitars – 333 East Grand Avenue, #109, Des Moines
- Found Things – 520 East Grand Avenue, Des Moines
- Porch Light – 526 East Grand Avenue, Des Moines
For more information visit www.facebook.com/vintageinthecity or stop by one of the participating stores for a map!
You’ll be surprised at the kind of treasures you can find at these antique shops. From the Ball Mason Jars used at our wedding to the dresser in our bedroom, I’ve found some great antiques in Des Moines!
What treasures will you be searching for on Saturday?