Sweeping brush strokes, swanky music, locally crafted beverages and interactive art experiences. It’s time for the 2014 Des Moines Arts Festival!
Art lovers from near and far will gather at Western Gateway Park in downtown Des Moines for a weekend full of visual, music, performing, interactive and film arts. Plan a date night, round up your kids or get a group of girlfriends together because this Festival is a “must attend event” in Des Moines during the summertime.
Nine reasons to visit the Des Moines Arts Festival this weekend:
2) Be inspired by 195 visual artists from across the country. The best (and I really mean the best) artists will have their creative work on display. You’ll find a myriad of styles and mediums.
3) Over 30 interactive arts activities including: hard hat decorating, spin art, memory books, tissue paper mosaics, homemade pet toys, origami and more! It’s the perfect place to showcase your inner Picasso.
4) Iowa Craft Beer Tent with over 20 different craft beers including: Backpocket Brewing Company, Exile Brewing Company, Confluence Brewing Company, Peace Tree Brewing Company, and Court Avenue Brewing Company.
5) Interactive painting classes with Pinot’s Pallete. Create your own masterpiece for only $15 (adults).
6) Interrobang Film Festival – Click here for the full listing of the films.
7) The Prairie Meadows Community Outreach Program, which showcases 30 local non-profits. Learn more about these top-notch organizations and find out how you can support them.
9) FREE parking at the Nationwide Insurance Ramp (located at 1100 Walnut Street) after 3:30 p.m. on Friday (June 27) through Sunday (June 29). Also, keep in mind that street parking is free after 6:00 p.m. on Friday and on the weekend.
Friday, June 27, 2014 – 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Saturday, June 28, 2014 – 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Sunday, June 29, 2014 – 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Get social with the DMAF:
Photo credit: Photo at the top of the post was taken from the DMAF website.