Making a new year’s resolution is a tradition that many people partake in each year. Losing weight, reading more, getting a new job – the list goes on and on. Instead of making a resolution this year, I’ve decided to put together my 2015 Bucket List! Undoubtably, this list will help make my 2015 a more exciting, delicious and cultured year. Let’s make 2015 the best!
- Tour the capitol building as an adult. I don’t think I’ve been since I was in middle school! (I’d love to go all the way up to the top of the dome, but I’m not sure I can can make that one happen.)
- See a movie at the new Flix Brewhouse. [See the review of my experience here!]
- Go on a Moon Float at Gray’s Lake – cheap date night idea!
- Take an Italian cooking class – “Cooking with Alessandra”– in the East Village.
- Take an architectural walking tour of Des Moines with the Iowa Architecture Foundation and/or attend the “Eat.Drink.Architecture.” event in the Spring.
- Try a baked djonut from Djonuts at Capes Kafé inside the Des Moines Social Club. Maybe Pebble Burst or Cookies ‘n Cream?
- Go hiking and take photography at Ledges State Park. Can you believe I’ve never been and it’s so close? My sister raves about this place!
- Bike to the Cumming Tap for steak night or tacos with Tacopocalypse.
- Go to my first drive-in movie at the Valle Drive-In located in Newton, Iowa. (Valle Drive-In, founded in 1949, is the oldest drive-in located in the state of Iowa!)
- Attend a Second Saturday Supper at Proof (featuring 10 courses for only $100/couple). What a great deal for a culinary adventure!
- Pack a lunch and eat in the Better Homes and Gardens Test Garden, which is open to the public on Fridays from 12:00 – 2:00 p.m., from May through September.
- Attend a Cheese 101 class (to learn about the seven styles of cheese) at The Cheese Shop. Learning + cheese + wine = no brainer!
What do you have on your Des Moines bucket list?