Why limit happy to an hour? Many local restaurants in Des Moines extend excellent happy hour specials, which include food and drink offers. Below are 13 of my favorite places to grab a drink and dish after work – and they are affordable! Everything from $5 martinis to free pizza – cheers!
- Eatery A: Enjoy happy hour from 3:00 – 6:00 p.m. at Eatery A and enjoy 1/2 off wine, 1/2 off beer and 1/2 off wood fired pizzas. (My favorite pizzas include: #7 – merguez sausage, red pepper, crispy shallot and #5 – lamb gyro, feta, pickled onion, raita.)
- Fong’s Pizza: Purchase a drink and get a free slice of pizza (Monday – Friday, 2:00 to 6:00 p.m.). Fifty cents off bottled beer, tikis and well drinks. $2.75 off drafts and $9 off pitchers of Kirin and Bud Light.
- Quinton’s: My favorite specials at Quinton’s include: 1/2 price drinks “behind the bar” on Thursdays, 1/2 price wine on Wednesdays and $4 martinis on Mondays. Happy hour pricing is honored all day on Sundays, plus loads of other drink specials throughout the week.
- Django: Monday – Friday from 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. enjoy specialty cocktails, $1.50 oysters, $1.50 shrimp and half-price cheese and charcuterie plates. The cheese plates are my absolute favorite at Django! Also, enjoy All-Night Happy Hour on Tuesday after 4:00 p.m. (Tip: no corkage fee at Django! Boom!)
- Centro: $5 martinis, Monday – Friday from 3:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Stuffed Olive: $2 off all tapas, martinis and wine, Monday – Saturday from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. Also, the Stuffed Olive offers a different beverage special each day.
- Alba: Take full advantage of 1/2 price appetizers and $2 off all beer, glasses of wine, and specialty cocktails (bar only) Tuesday – Friday, 5:00 – 6:30 p.m.
- Americana: Monday – Friday from 3:00 to 6:00 p.m. lap up $5 cocktails, $4 wines, $2-3 beers and more than 10 appetizers that are only $6 each (everything from Scallop Lollipops to Thai Tacos).
- Dos Rios: Monday through Thursday enjoy $5 appetizers (about nine to choose from including empanadas and queso fundido) from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. Weekly drink specials include sangrias, margaritas and infusions.
- Court Avenue Brewing Company: Enjoy the “work week happy hour” from Monday – Friday, 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. (bar and patio), and save $1 on all pints of core brews and well liquors, $1 off house wines and 1/2 price appetizers. Also, Moscow Mules are only $4 after 4:00 p.m. on Friday after 4:00 p.m.
- Continental: Happy Hour prices (Monday – Thursday, 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.) include appetizers from $2.95 (pomme frites) to $6.95 (Chicken & Chorizo Skewers and others). Small, simple plates that pack punch.
- Hessen Haus: Boots of beer sell at the bargain rate of $15 from 3:00 to 6:00 p.m. during the week, plus $2 off all liters and $1 off all half-liters. Most appetizers are half price (fried pickles – yes, please!).
- Mezzodi’s: Half priced appetizers, $1 off drinks and $5 martinis every Monday through Friday from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. (Side note: Mezzodi’s offers $5 martinis all day, every day.)
What are your favorite happy hours in Des Moines?