Looking for a Valentine’s Day gift that will really hit a home run this year? Below are a few of my favorite Des Moines-themed gift ideas. Everything from snarky t-shirts to brewery tours.
Let’s kick off our shopping with some local gifts (under $50) from the East Village in Des Moines. See the information and graphic below to learn more!
- Des Moines Capitol print from Bozz Illustration. ($30)
- Paper Parasol Iowa Letterpress Print from Domestica. ($27)
- Des Moines-themed coasters from RAYGUN. ($1.50 / each)
- Pink and blue bling earrings from Leona Ruby. ($28)
- Stylish Library of Flowers shower gel from Ephemera. ($22)
- Iowa Vowels t-shirt from RAYGUN. ($21)
- Rifle Paper Co. recipe holder from Ephemera. ($42)
Although the following ideas aren’t pictured above, here are a couple of other fun Valentine’s Day gift ideas.
- Orchestrate Hospitality Gift Card. This gift card allows you to enjoy some of the best restaurants in Des Moines including: Centro, Django, Gateway, Malo, Raccoon River Brewing, South Union and Zombie Burger. One card, but your significant other can pick the place!
- Brewery Tour. Put together a fun tour of the Des Moines breweries, including: Exile Brewing, Confluence Brewing, 515 Brewing Co., Court Avenue Brewing Company and Raccoon River Brewing Co.
- Des Moines Sports Pack. Put together a sports-themed gift with tickets to some or all of the following amateur and professional sports teams in Des Moines: Iowa Cubs, Iowa Wild, Des Moines Menace, Iowa Barnstormers, Iowa Energy, Des Moines Derby Dames, Iowa Crush, Des Moines Roosters and Des Moines Buccaneers.
- Registration for RAGBRAI. The 2015 RAGBRAI route was announced in January (Sioux City, Storm Lake, Fort Dodge, Eldora, Cedar Falls, Hiawatha, Coralville and Davenport) and now is the time to secure your registration and start making plans.
- Flix-filled Date Night. Have a date night at the new Flix Brewhouse in Merle Hay Mall. I haven’t had a chance to check this place out yet (even though it’s on my 2015 Des Moines Bucket List), but I’ve walked by while at the mall and it looks awesome!
Have fun shopping for your sweetie in Des Moines!