I was born and raised right here in the wonderful city of Des Moines, Iowa and I have yet to leave. I’m addicted to Des Moines, especially the food + drink scene, the public events and people that make our city an exceptional place to live, work and play.
In 2010, I started “The Dish” as a way to share my thoughts about Des Moines’ ever-changing food and entertainment spots. As you can probably tell, my blog has a heavy focus on “all things local” in Des Moines and the surrounding areas. I’m all about supporting the local businesses that make our city unique.
Besides blogging, I enjoy being a marketer, exploring new places, cooking meals from scratch, all things DIY and volunteering for good causes. Couple of other things….
- I collect 80’s prom dresses! (The bigger the puffy sleeves, the better!)
- I spend quite a bit of time with my hubby, Levi, and our little Boston Terrier, Sammy.
- I’m a huge Iowa State fan and I’m also a proud gradate of Simpson College.
- I’m getting my Master’s degree at Drake University. I’m a part of the Master of Communication Leadership (MCL) program.
- I’m in a bowling league on Sunday nights. Team name: Bazinga!
Welcome to “The Dish” – a Des Moines food + entertainment blog – and have fun reading around. If you ever have any questions, shoot me an email or tweet and I’ll get back to you!